Game Category: Strategy – 4X, Simulation, Science Fiction
Developer / Distributor: Novacore Studios / Kalypso Media
Release Date: 2nd Quarter, 2012
Rating: PEGI 12 (provisional)
Kalypso Media, the publisher who brought you critically acclaimed games such as Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Dungeons, will be bringing to you their largest and boldest release to date: Legends of Pegasus – a 4X simulation strategy science fiction game from Novacore Studios. After taking a look at the official videos, we can safely say that this year is going to get very hot for the 4X science fiction genre.
Following this trailer (which happens to feature cool real-time terraforming during gameplay) is the official word from Kalypso Media about Legends of Pegasus. You will also find two more official video clips featuring the race of humanity and the X’or.
Stay tuned for more!
|Forget your sins! Be a legend!|
“Kalypso Media is taking players into the depths of space in 2012, with the announcement of Legends of Pegasus for Windows PC. The 4X space simulation will put players in control of the last surviving humans, as they explore space in a quest to expand their galactic empire. Players will conquer and explore an incredibly detailed 3D universe as they use economic, diplomatic and scientific means to expand their empires. Through a deep technology tree, players will unlock new technologies to customize their ships and prepare their fleets for the next alien encounter…be it hostile or friendly.
|The fate of humanity|
In development by Novacore Studios, Legends of Pegasus will be released in Q2 2012. Features of Legends of Pegasus include:
- A complete 4X science fiction gaming experience- eXplore, eXpand, eXploit and eXterminate your way to galactic conquest
- Tactical space combat – featuring a unique mix of turn-based and real-time strategy gameplay
- A realistic, immersive universe – three races and 12 playable factions exist in a living-breathing universe populated by a huge variety of non-player civilizations
- Play alone or dominate with friends – an extensive single-player campaign coupled with a strong multiplayer focus ensure an engaging experience
- Massive customization options – design, build and deploy ships created from research into hundreds of technologies based on an extensive tech tree
- Make it yours – modding options will be available, allowing players to customize missions, maps and more”
|A race of intelligent machines – the X’or|